At least three of our members attended WordCamp Boston 2016. There were many great speakers and, as with any WordCamp, tons of new information to digest. At our July meetup we had a lively discussion on many topics, which we are continuing in August. We hope to see you there. Anyone with any interest in WordPress, at any level, is welcome!
Tools, Plugins or Sites to Check Out:
For Site Speed:
Google AMP – https://wordpress.org/plugins/amp/
For SEO and Page Speed:
whichloadsfaster.co – to test site improvement – compares before and after page
Google is going to start using artificial intelligence will start factoring in
Jira – Planning Board
WP Project Manager – CRM Tool
Agile Sprint Planning – chunks of time 1 week, 2 week timeframes
Zapier.com for automation (try IFTTT for free)
Tools to help with documentation:
Working With Clients:
*Get Clients introduced early to WordPress – log them into the dashboard throughout the site build, not at the end of the project.
Troy Dean – WP Elevation – “Build something that people with money want to buy.”
Check out “ContractKiller” by Andy Clark
Get an Accountability Partner
Get feedback from clients about how you can do better.
Read: Jonathan Stark – Value Based Pricing
How do you get higher quality clients?
- Say No to clients you don’t want
- Position yourself to the clients you do want
- partnership with influencers
- ask what is their budget and what value you can bring to them.
Monthly Website Care Plans = predictable income
- Develop an authority about your topic
- Be diligent – consistency is key
- Recognize opportunity
- Start a mastermind group of folks with similar businesses
- Engagement is what is important
Things to Learn More About:
If anyone would like to expand on these topics, we would be grateful!
- Efficient Workflow using Version Control, Composer, Grunt or Gulp, Vagrant for Local Development, and Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Using Field Manager instead of ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Rest API
Displaying a Custom Taxonomy Archive on a WordPress Home Page
Eben Gilkenson of View Web Development
Hooks and Filters